I have worked within the youth work and family sector for over 15 years, working with young people and families to provide support through many different types of forums. Some of these have included running drop in centres, facilitating school citizenship lessons, group courses and parenting courses that have provided young people and parents with the space to be able to openly discuss topics that affect them such as self-harm, self-esteem, family breakdown, peer pressure, behavioural problems, bereavement, and unemployment to name a few.
Counselling is a topic that I am very passionate about, having been on the client end of some positive and negative counselling experiences. Good counselling relationships are built on trust, honesty and a sense of realness, from both the counsellor and the client. Counselling is not about the counsellor finding answers, but is about working together, often through painful experiences, to find a way forward that works best for the client.
I am an integrative therapist, which means that I am able to offer different types of counselling, depending on what each client needs. I am passionate about working with individuals, young people, families, organisations to work through difficult life situations. Counselling is able to help clients maintain a good mental health, build up emotional resilience and improve life satisfaction.
- First class honours degree in Counselling studies
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness and self-hypnosis
- Degree in Criminology with Psychology
- Government Prevent Strategy (Extreme and Radical awareness training)
- Using CBT to work with Psychosis
- Understanding eating disorders
- Level 1, 2 and 3 safeguarding Adults
- Level 1 and 2 safeguarding children
- Keeping the neglected child in focus
- Domestic Abuse Awareness
- Drug Awareness
- Sleep solutions clinic
- Freedom Programme.
- Dealing with stress
- Understanding anxiety