There are a lot of misconceptions surrounding counselling. It is often viewed as a place that people go when they feel they are losing their mind or have suffered a life changing event such as death or trauma. Counselling is able to support in these situations, and is also about providing a safe space for a person to go when they have a lot going on in their minds/lives and need some time to make sense of it. We all face tough situations every day and normally we manage just fine, however there are times when life can get too much and our mind and body tell us that they are struggling to understand and can’t quite process what has happened. This is where counselling can help, as you have a space, where you can sit uninterrupted to try to make sense of your world, and the therapist is there to provide support, not answers (although when a counsellor and a client work together, answers are often found).
Signs that you may benefit from therapy:
- Losing enjoyment in activities that you normally like to do
- An unexpected life event or trauma which you may be struggling to come to terms with
- Using food, alcohol or drugs to cope with life
- Not feeling like yourself- this could be sleeping too much or too little, feeling stressed, withdrawing from friends, family and your normal life
- Feeling anxious or feeling that something bad is going to happen
- You feel stuck
- Relationships feel difficult for you
CounsellingWorx is founded upon these key principles.
Areas of therapy, we are able to offer support in:
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Gender Identity
- Panic Disorder
- Parenting Issues
- Personality Disorders
- Self Harm
- Sleep Problems
- Work and career
CounsellingWorx are able to offer
- If you are enquiring about therapy for student counsellors, please ask about our discount. Block payment for 6 sessions is available. Price, £40/hour.